Help Us Keep the Music Playing
West Bank School of Music is a 501 (C) (3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to transform lives and community through innovative music education and inspiring performances.
We need your support to continue our programs. Help us preserve this school as a one-of-a-kind place to learn and make music. You can make it possible for us to keep offering dynamic programs like these:
- Scholarships for deserving students of all ages whose families meet our income guidelines.
- Discounted tuition programs for U.S. military veterans, social security disability recipients, and families eligible for school lunch programs.
- Free public concerts by our teachers and students.
- Free teacher demonstrations, workshops, and performances at public and charter schools and community centers in the Twin Cities metro area.
- New initiatives, like our 2010-2011 multi-genre workshop series and 2011 Youth Summer Band Camp.
You might choose to support our efforts by donating funds for instrument and equipment upgrades, or repairs and remodeling for our homey, but aging school building.
We hope you consider donating to WBSM for Give to the Max Day this year on November 15th so we can continue our mission of transforming lives and the community through innovative music education and inspiring performances. In addition to providing a convenient way for you to make a charitable gift to WBSM, each hour throughout the day, GiveMN.org will choose a participating donor at random and add a $1,000 prize grant to their donation.
There is also a matching gift which will double your donation! Generously donated by the WBSM Board of Directors, this fund will match dollar for dollar up to $1,550 in donations! Gifts to WBSM will support facilities improvements, tuition discount, scholarship & outreach programs and instructional equipment purchases. Click here to donate or for more information. New this year, WBSM is offering a chance to win some great prizes for those who donate a minimum $25 to WBSM. Plus, for every additional $25 you donate, you’ll gain an additional entry increasing your chances of winning!
Make a tax-deductible donation.
Want to help us bring music to life for more people? It’s easy! Donate on our website using Google Checkout.
You can also support the West Bank School of music by donating specific items. Currently, the West Bank School of Music needs:
- Used instruments of all kinds (including 3/4 sized for young children)
- Dry erase boards
- Manhasset music stands, or equivalent
- Boom boxes that have CD and MP3/IPod capabilities
- Window air conditioning units
- Dehumidifiers and humidifiers
- A lawn mower/snow blower/weed whipper/hedge trimmer
- A laser printer
- Window blinds
- 28-36″ wide x 70″ long
- 28-35″ wide x 70″ long
- 23-25″ wide x 70 long
- Laptop computers that we can load with music software for classroom and private teaching
- New or used instruments
- Instrument amplifiers
If you have any of these items you are willing to donate, please contact the WBSM office at email@example.com or 612-333-6651.